[mythtvnz] EPG Data for 'niche' channels ?

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 06:24:20 BST 2012

OK - so I have my EPG grabber script working well
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/513747).
Trouble is, the freeview.xml.gz data only covers the 'main'
Freeview|HD channels (1, 2, 3, 4, Maori, U, TV3 Plus 1, C4, Prime,
Parliament, Radio NZ and Basefm).

With so many 'niche' channels starting up (ChoiceTV, TV33, TV9,
CentralTV etc), is there any way of getting their program data in to
Myth? I assume they send EIT data, which would give me at least
short-term program info. I'm on DVB, with no satellite card or aerial.

So: how to set up my backend so the channels without grabber epg data
can still pull some programme info?