[mythtvnz] Upgrading to 0.25 from 0.23

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Fri Apr 27 05:44:43 BST 2012

On Fri, April 27, 2012 4:01 pm, David Moore wrote:
> I was finally forced to upgrade from 0.23 due to the audio glitch on
> Prime. Could have patched 0.23 I suppose but decided to bite the bullet
> and go to 0.25. Works fairly well as far as I have tested so far. Thanks
> to fellow listers for setup/bugfix clues and myth devs for rapid repairs
> to code.
>
> I am seeing incorrect video lengths on some old recordings. Annoying. I
> have noticed in the past that this could be a seek table issue. I found
> in the past that using mythcommflag to rebuild the seek table for some
> recordings produced incorrect time codes. Forget the details but had to
> divide seek table entries by two to fix.

Hi David

I've been using the following to fix seektables. I've found that
mythtranscode was a lot more reliable than mythcommflag and I now have a
user job I can easily select when I've got a broken video file.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable#Automation_of_mythcommflag_repair_function

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz