[mythtvnz] Backend fails to start

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 07:59:54 BST 2012

>> A suggestion on my forum thread has fixed the problem:
>>
>> In mythtv-backend.conf ,change IFACE!=lo to IFACE=lo
>>
>> i.e.
>>
>> start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE=lo and started
>> udev-finish)
>> stop on runlevel [016]
>>
>> I changed this in my original mythtv-backend.conf the new
>> mythtv-backend.conf
>> in the Upstart wiki were not required.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Paul
>
> That should mean that your MythTV box does not have a network
> connection (no ethernet or WiFi) - is that correct?

No ,I use a cable ethernet connection to grab EPG data as needed
This is still working.

Here is the post from the forum user that cma up with the fix:

"Had (this?) problem on a combined FE/BE system, → if wireless network not
available, unable to connect to backend.

  changing

  IFACE!=lo

  IFACE=lo

  sorted this out for me.

  Not sure why this is set up as it is, I will need to investigate further
when I get the chance."