[mythtvnz] Backend fails to start

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 21:54:05 BST 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:27:01 +1200, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Paulgir <paulgir at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> It should still log an entry stating why it failed to start, it makes
>>> me think it's not even getting past the start of the upstart script.
>>>
>>> As a further kludgy suggestion, how about adding
>>>
>>>  service mythtv-backend start
>>>
>>> to the end of /etc/rc.local, which gets executed near the end of the
>>> startup processes. Place it ABOVE the exit 0 line.
>>>

>> This last suggestion has the BE starting on boot.
>>
>> Hopefully when 12.04 is released I can upgrade and it may sort itself.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Thanks for the assistance
>

> No problems, glad it is (sort of) working :)

A suggestion on my forum thread has fixed the problem:

In mythtv-backend.conf ,change IFACE!=lo to IFACE=lo

i.e.

start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE=lo and started
udev-finish)
stop on runlevel [016]

I changed this in my original mythtv-backend.conf the new
mythtv-backend.conf
in the Upstart wiki were not required.

Cheers

Paul