[mythtvnz] EPG Grabber Script - updated for Myth 0.25

Curtis Walker sultanoswing at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 00:47:56 BST 2012

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Due to an update in the syntax of mythfilldatabase in 0.25, the small
>> > shell script I wrote to grab and automatically insert the EPG data has
>> > changed slightly to:
>> >
>> > #! /bin/bash
>> > wget http://nzepg.org/freeview.xml.gz
>> > gunzip freeview.xml.gz
>> > mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml
>> > rm freeview.xml
>> > exit
>>
>> why not simply use xmltv via tv_grab_nz-py ?

When I set my MythTV up, Arch was already using Python 2, which meant
the tv_grab_nz-py script wasn't detected in the backend setup.
Although it now is, I haven't ever got around to using it - besides it
seems more complicated than my method (the py script is certainly more
wordy!) and as both scripts source from the same EPG data, I went with
the easy, cron-able option :)