[mythtvnz] 0,25 released

Paulgir paulgir at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 01:01:00 BST 2012

>> I'm on Oneiric and 0.24 + fixes
>>
>> I did followed the Mythbuntu-repos page instructions and used the
>>
>> Mythbuntu Control Center and update manager to install the repos package
>>
>> and select 0.25.
>>
>> I take it there are no problems doing it this way rather that the CLI
>> commands
>>
>> you posted?
>>
>> I have backed up the db.I will hold off on the update till I have some
>> time
>> to deal
>>
>> with any problems.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> I see no reason why that wouldn't work, I posted the easiest and
> quickest way I know, given that most of my myth machines don't have a
> keyboard or mouse, and I do this stuff via ssh.

I attempted the update,using the step described above.
The update manager  told me it would attempt a partial upgrade.
First attempt the update manager closed immediately, so I used the
terminal commands
and the update manager down loaded the new packages but hung up on the
preparing changes section.After an hour I closed the update manager - there
was a lot of HDD activity - and I restarted mythfrontend,It still showed
version 0.24.
I shut down and restarted - still shows  V 0.24

I'm not sure why it won't update.