[mythtvnz] audio pauses latm-aac

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Apr 5 11:16:31 BST 2012

> Weekend Murders: Miss Marple from Sat 31st, this sample about 36 minutes in.
> Really irritating that Prime Rocks: The Who on Monday night suffers the
> same problem.
>

> One other data point - my Zotac ION has dropouts of 2-10 seconds at a time
> but my 8200 motherboard with the AMD 5050 CPU only drops out for 1/2 a
> second at a time.

The 8200 chipset mobo supports VDPAU doesn't it ?

The end of "The Who part 1" was bad..haven't watched the 2nd part yet..

One way to skin a dead cat:
ffmpeg -i /path/recordings/1010_prime-filename.mpg  -map 0:1 -c:v:0 copy
-map 0:2 -c:a:0 libfaac -b:a:0 320k -f matroska Watchable.mkv

copy into Videos folder.

HandBrake should achieve the same result.