[mythtvnz] 0.25 video frame jitter.

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Apr 5 07:11:22 BST 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 12:47 +1200, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 22:22, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz>
> wrote:
>         Does anyone using 0.25 (build couple weeks old) have any
>         issues with
>         very high frame jitter.
>         The frame jitter is reported in stdout logs & in the OSD
>         playback
>         status.
>
>         VDPAU & GT240 core2duo..
>         The frame jitter occurs with h264 i50 material & only at x1
>         playback
>         speed. Time stretch playback other than x1 was okay.
>
> It sounds like something to do with deinterlacing - which deinterlacer
> have you got selected?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Normally I use VA temporal-spatial x2 VDPAU with hqscaling & sharpen.

I tried all the de-interlacers including none, with no improvement.
The de-interlacer still functions in time stretch playback.
Time stretch playback (not x1) is very watch-able..

There are no errors in playback logs as such..just very high reported
standard deviation & low PQ ..

I have been following the mailing lists for other reports.

Thanks,
Brett