[mythtvnz] audio pauses latm-aac

Paul Kendall pkendall64 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:39:30 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Brett <mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Anybody else getting occasional audio pauses/silence (1/2 to 3 sec long
> at a rate of 2-5 times an hour) with recording from Prime dvb-t over the
> last 2-3 weeks?

Now that you mention it, I did notice this in 'Mayday' that I watched
and was recorded on Prime.
I'll check my next recording from Prime and see if it happens again.

> Both 0.24+fixes & 0.25 (2 weeks old) show this problem.
>
> Transcoding latm to AAC (libfacc) with latest ffmpeg plays fine , so
> does ancient VLC 1.0.6.

If it transcodes correctly then it may be that our ALSA buffer is set
slightly too small.
Perhaps prime has moved from stereo to 5.1 sound and now the buffers
are sometimes
a little too small.

I'll check tonight and again when Mayday records on Sunday night.

Cheers,
Paul