[mythtvnz] Simple Script For Pulling EPG into MythTV

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Sep 23 16:26:29 BST 2011

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:35:16 +1200, you wrote:

>> OK.
>>
>> Runnng 'mythfilldatabase -v -xmltv' (after running the tv_grab_nz-py
>> script) errors:
>> 2011-09-23 21:04:32.030 FillData, Error: xmltv returned error code 512
>> 2011-09-23 21:04:32.064 Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
>>
>> Running mythtv-setup, I set the nz-py script as the grabber, set
>> mthdatabasefill's arguments to xmlv then hit 'configure'. THe terminal
>> mythtv-setup is running in shows:
>> 2011-09-23 19:48:19.294 XMLTVConfig::Load: Running 'tv_find_grabbers
>> baseline'.
>> 2011-09-23 19:48:19.925 XMLTVConfig::Load: Finished running
>> tv_find_grabbers
>>
>> ...and it just hangs there.
>>

>You need to run tv_grab_nz-py --configure in a terminal and answer all the
>questions it asks you to create its configuration file. Its not hanging,
>its waiting for an answer from the keyboard but it doesn't have a terminal
>(tty) attached to get that input!
>
>mythfilldatabase should (will when correctly configured) call
>tv_grab_nz-py with all the correct parameters for each of your 'sources'.
>The file that tv_grab_nz-py downloads is filtered by the configuration
>info you created (above) and passed into mfdb.
>
>The config file should look something like this (this particular 'source'
>is called DVBT):
>
>$ cat /home/mythtv/.mythtv/DVBT.xmltv
>channel=prime.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=tv2.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=tv3.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=four.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
>channel!cue.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=parliament.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=sportextra.freeviewnz.tv
>channel!stratos.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=u.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
>channel!te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=ctv8.freeviewnz.tv
>channel=tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv
>

>Hope that helps

Looks like your config file is a little out of date.  Stratos has been
on DVB-T for several months now, as has Trackside.  And Sport Extra
has been history for quite a while.

Here is my version, for the Wharite transmitter:

channel=tv1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv2.freeviewnz.tv
channel=u.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tvnz7.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv
channel=four.freeviewnz.tv
channel=c4.freeviewnz.tv
channel=maori-tv.freeviewnz.tv
channel=parliament.freeviewnz.tv
channel=prime.freeviewnz.tv
channel=ctv8.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tv33.freeviewnz.tv
channel=tvcentral.freeviewnz.tv
channel=trackside.freeviewnz.tv
channel=rnz-national.freeviewnz.tv
channel=rnz-concert.freeviewnz.tv
channel=base-fm.freeviewnz.tv
channel=stratos.freeviewnz.tv
channel!cue.freeviewnz.tv
channel!te-reo.freeviewnz.tv
channel!george-fm.freeviewnz.tv

I am pretty sure that tvcentral does not work here (it is a ghost
channel that shows up on scans but has no real data), so I probably
should disable that.  I think tv33 and ctv8 do work - ctv8 is a
Chinese channel - but I do not watch either.