[mythtvnz] GT520 and HDMI

Brett mythicalbeast at slingshot.co.nz
Wed Sep 21 09:26:54 BST 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 15:54 +1200, Worik Stanton wrote:
> I have my GT520 card running using VGA, but if I plug in the HDMI cable
> to my TV I get no VGA output and my TV cannot detect any input.
>
> The NVIDIA configuration utility does not mention HDMI.
>
> Any clues as to how to proceed?

The GT520 needs a recent driver possibly 275 or later.
Alsa user-space 1.0.24

GT520 has only (2) codecs so both are immediately available to alsa &
pulse.

With HDMI receiver connected & nVidia X server active:
aplay -l
dmesg | grep HDMI

If you have an onboard mobo soundcard then this may work..
speaker-test -c 2 -r 48000 -D hw:1,9
speaker-test -c 6 -r 48000 -D hw:1,9

cat /proc/asound/card1/eld#3.0

Look for presence detect etc..