[mythtvnz] GT520 and HDMI

Criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Wed Sep 21 06:16:58 BST 2011

Worik Stanton wrote, On 09/21/2011 04:16 PM:
> On 21/09/11 16:08, Joel Wiramu Pauling wrote:
>> So your TV is HDMI in,
>> restart X  (or the machine ) without the VGA port plugged in at all as
>> a first start. and/or try different HDMI ports on the TV.
> I should have been clearer.  I did a reboot with VGA unplugged and HDMI
> cable plugged.
> When I did it with both, removing (unplugging) the HDMI cable gave me
> VGA output without a reboot.

I found with the cheap nvidia 210 that I had to have the NVidia driver
installed, and use this chunk in xorg.conf

Section "Screen"
     Identifier     "Screen0"
     Device         "Device0"
     Monitor        "Monitor0"
     DefaultDepth    24
     Option         "TwinView" "1"
     Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-1"
     Option         "metamodes" "DFP-0: NULL +0+0, DFP-1: 1280x720 +0+0"
     SubSection     "Display"
         Depth       24
     EndSubSection
EndSection

Note mine's not 1080 so your res wll likely be different.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/