[mythtvnz] GT520 and HDMI

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Wed Sep 21 05:08:51 BST 2011

So your TV is HDMI in,

restart X  (or the machine ) without the VGA port plugged in at all as a
first start. and/or try different HDMI ports on the TV.

When you say VGA you are not talking DVI right? Standard old DE-15 pin
Analog VGA connector yah?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

HDMI is plagued with weirdness caused by HDCP ... so if you are unlucky it
might be your video card not liking your TV (old old is your tv?). But try
the first suggestion before we jump to any conclusions.