[mythtvnz] Which image format (ISO, BIN etc) shall I use to rip a Blu-Ray disc?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:21:14 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Jason Taylor <killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Heres a blueray decryption app
>
> http://makemkv.com/
>
> Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
> Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
> Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
> Preserves chapters information
> Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
> Fast conversion - converts as fast as your drive can read data.
> No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
> Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
> Functionality to open DVD discs is free and will always stay free.
> All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during
> BETA.
>
> Linux Downloads
> http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=224
>
> Never used it but I know theres an xbmc plugin that uses it on linux

It does NOT do what Aaron is after afaict. It creates an mkv file for
each title on the bluray (or dvd) disk, but it does not replicate the
whole bluray or DVD structure. Useful for ripping media, but not for
recreating menus etc.

Not free either, costs $ and is not open source. works well though for
DVD's. I am yet to find enough disk space to try a bluray :)