[mythtvnz] local and master backend settings

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 11:46:43 BST 2011

On 18/09/11 21:32, tortise wrote:
> On 18/09/2011 7:09 p.m., Roger Searle wrote:
>> No idea why, but having them both as 127.0.0.1 just would not work (for
>> the FE connecting to the BE).  And now with them set to the box's static
>> address, the FE is happy (whereas it wasn't previously).
> I can probably answer that - the Frontend needs to know where to go to
> connect to the Backend, Frontend needs to know Backend's IP
> address...does that help?  (Sending the Frontend to itself using
> 127.0.0.1 is going to fail cause its not the backend!)

I may have not been clear in what I was setting, I was referring to the
local and master server IP addresses as set on the backend.  The
defaults are as per this:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Detailed_configuration_Backend#Host_Address_Backend_Setup

Anyway, I've now got it set with the static IP address of the box, given
I intend having a separate front end at some point.  I have EPG
populated again and some schedules set up, mythweb backend status is
telling me I have a scheduled programme recording right now, and I am
smiling :)

I'll be looking into sV's database backup comment when I have a chance,
I see there is a script, and I have the wiki page open in my browser for
reading asap...

Cheers,
Roger