[mythtvnz] local and master backend settings

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 08:09:15 BST 2011

On 18/09/11 10:40, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Roger Searle<roger.searle at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This will teach me... I have messed up my FE/BE setup by thinking I
>> could set up a static IP address on the box and putting that address in
>> the backend general settings page.  The FE wouldn't then run so I set
>> about trying to go back, and have the local backend and master backend
>> both as 127.0.0.1 in the BE general settings screen.
>
> This works but you will be sorry when you go to run a remote frontend.
>
> But in your present case your quickest fix is to set the backend back
> to 127.0.0.1. Run mythtv-setup.
No idea why, but having them both as 127.0.0.1 just would not work (for
the FE connecting to the BE).  And now with them set to the box's static
address, the FE is happy (whereas it wasn't previously).  One of the
reasons I set it like this originally was for when I can have a separate
FE (at some point soon I hope).  So I'm happy, and thanks for both the