[mythtvnz] configuring hvr-2200 card

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Sat Sep 17 05:17:56 BST 2011

On 17/09/11 15:26, Paul Kendall wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM, David Moore<dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz>  wrote:
>> On 17/09/11 13:54, Craig Whitmore wrote:
>>> You can probably remove the card=X from the mod load/probe after you got
>>> the firmware (if it makes any difference)
>>> (I think the Sample kernel output is still from my machine .. (yes it is)
>>>

>> I don't think this will work for Roger's particular card version.
>> Browsing the driver source (see below) I cannot see his card version
>> (8940) listed in saa7164-cards.c.
>
> Steven Toth added this particular card to his repository about 20 months ago.
> http://kernellabs.com/hg/saa7164-stable/

Weirdness. The source for saa7164-cards.c at
http://kernellabs.com/hg/saa7164-stable/ does indeed include the 8940
but it doesn't have any of the extra ports for mpeg encoding in the
source at
http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/tree/HEAD:/drivers/media/video/saa7164.
Also the files at http://kernellabs.com/hg/saa7164-stable/ don't seem to
be as new as the ones at git.linuxtv.org.

Also saa7164-fw.c at kernellabs points to v4l-saa7164-1.0.2-3.fw and
v4l-saa7164-1.0.3-3.fw (for different card revs) whereas git.linuxtv.org
points to NXP7164-2010-03-10.1.fw. Seems firmware was consolidated into
one file for all card revs at some stage.

My guess is that the latest stuff is at git.linuxtv.org but somehow the
8940 card was forgotten.

For me it seems my driver and firmware is way out of date (although it
works fine for DVB-T). :-) Might try and upgrade soonish to see if/how
analogue capture works. I'll report on how it goes if I do.