[mythtvnz] epg and mythfilldatabase updating

Roger Searle roger.searle at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 00:02:22 BST 2011

On 17/09/11 10:15, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Roger Searle<roger.searle at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I have managed to get the EPG to populate mythtv.  Eventually.  And I'm
>> somewhat unclear as to whether I have it configured to automatically
>> update mythfilldatabase.  These are the steps I took to get this far:
>>
>> I have tv_grab_nz-py in my /.home/roger/.mythtv folder, and copied to
>> /usr/local/bin, it is executable.
>>
>> I've run tv_grab_nz-py --configure and have a
>> /home/roger/.xmltv/tv_grab_nz-py.conf file.
>>
>> I downloaded the freeview.xml file from nzepg.org then ran
>> "mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --update".  I continued to have
>> "unknown" in the mythtv program listings until I used mythweb to add
>> xmltvid data for each channel.
>>
>> Now I have EPG populated, I turn to it's automated updating and see the
>> default backend settings for mythfilldatabase as follows:
>> Automatically run mythfilldatabase (tick)
>> Mythfilldatabase program: /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase
>> Run mythfilldatabase at time suggested by the grabber (tick)
>> Arguments blank
>> Run frequency (days) 1
>>
>> I suspect I need some arguments passed in order to involve tv_grab_nz-py
>> but don't see if/how/where I may need to do this.  Could someone offer
>> guidance on what I may need to do?
> in the backend setup|video source setup, the listings grabber should
> be set to New Zealand (py) (xmltv) - at least it is on mine.

Thanks Nick, I have that set now.  There was another one there though
with blank name so wasn't apparent that it was there until I added the
one just now, it was getting some US data and could well be the source
of my difficulties getting it going last night.  Given the daily update
frequency, I will know fairly soon if all is well.

Cheers,
Roger