[mythtvnz] Does HVR-2200 have FM radio support?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Sep 8 04:47:24 BST 2011

My mother wants to be able to record FM radio on her MythTV box, so I
am looking at what support there is for doing this.  I found this
page:

  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fm_radio

which shows how to hack it together if there is a card with /dev/radio
device support.  If I want to put a PVR-150 in her box to do that, I
need a PCI slot, and both are full at present.  So I was wondering if
the HVR-2200 has FM support in Linux.  Is there anyone out there who
has an HVR-2200 working, who could do:

  ls -al /dev/rad*

and see if they have a /dev/radio device?

Does anyone know how to work out what hardware is attached to any
given /dev device, to make sure that a /dev/radio device is actually
on an HVR-2200 card and not some other hardware?