[mythtvnz] Frontend cannot connect to database...

Worik Stanton worik.stanton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:11:35 BST 2011

On 06/09/11 20:45, David Lowe wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Worik Stanton
> <worik.stanton at gmail.com <mailto:worik.stanton at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     >>> 2. Make sure backend is running on the right address:
>     >>>
>     >>> sudo netstat -tanp|grep mythback
>     > You didn't give us the answer to this question.
>     Ooops
>
> Are you sure it isn't a mysql permissions issue? I use this as my
> bible http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MythTV   but you will find other
> guides out there

I can connect from the frontend machine to the backend machine with mysql.

~$ mysql -h 192.168.1.14 -u mythtv -P 3306 mythconverg -p
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 465
Server version: 5.1.49-1ubuntu8.1 (Ubuntu)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql>

Does that not show it is OK?

I will study that xbmc page and see if I can get to the bottom of it

cheers
Worik

> I'm sure.
>
> - David