[mythtvnz] Ion NVIDIA 330 board HDMI no longer works

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Mon Sep 5 06:19:57 BST 2011

On 05/09/11 07:40, Mark Kendall wrote:

>> >  Assuming the HDMI output has failed, can I just use the DVI output,
>> >  convert it to an HDMI with a DVI male to HDMI male adapter and still get
>> >  video and sound to my TV's HDMI input?
>>
>> No idea - sounds hard work.
>>
> I had DVI computer out to HDMI monitor, with sound, for a little while
> on my computer (GT220 I think), just worked straight away when I plugged
> it in.
>
> Mark

I have an Asus EN9400GT Silent. Sound does not work over DVI-to-HDMI to
my Panasonic TV. I recall earlier discussions on this list about needing
a link from the motherboard sound to the video card.

Beware of DVI-to-HDMI converters. There are some bad ones out there that
don't seem to work with HD video. Just make sure you can return it if it
doesn't work.

David