[mythtvnz] Wiert antenna problem

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 07:08:11 BST 2011

On 27/10/2011, at 6:52 PM, Worik Stanton wrote:

> I have a Nova-T stick and a Samsung digital TV plugged into the same
> antenna.  The TV has good rteception but not the stick.  Is it possible
> that this is due to the inferior quality tuner in the stick?
>
> Does this mean I need to upgrade my antenna?

I had the same issues with my Nova-TD 500, which is a dual-tuner PCI version of the same thing. I rewired my house, replaced my antenna, played around with modprobe options, and reterminated my jacks a few times; all before I realised that the tuners in those things are just rubbish.

I now have an Elgato Dual Tuner USB stick (rebranded Hauppauge apparently). While it was expensive, it has never had a problem with signal quality or strength.