[mythtvnz] Nvidia PCI 9400 or 9500 wanted.

Steve Nicholson steve at kiwibum.com
Fri Oct 14 06:24:25 BST 2011

On 14/10/2011, at 6:01 PM, Brett wrote:

> AFAIK the 8400GS & 8500GT  were the last of the PCI cards with VDPAU.

The 9500GT is definitely available in PCI, I've found places in the US
that have them. The 9400 is supposed to be available in PCI as well
according to wikipedia on the Nvidia 9000 series cards. Sparkle and
PNY made them. Funny thing is they are legacy ones now but still make
the 8400GS in PCI and list them as available on their websites. There
are a few 8400GS on ebay I can get from US (my wifes parents live
there which makes things easy) and they are less than half the price
of the couple places I've found that have the 9500GT. So tempted to
try one of the 8400GS cards other than I've read the 8400GS isn't
quite as good on HD compared to the 9500GT. The saving isn't worth it
if I still have some problems with things stuttering etc.

Was hoping to find someone that was or had upgraded to a new
motherboard got a new GT2xx card to replace their 9500GT. But if they
aren't that common in NZ as indicated from the earlier post it looks
like I'll be getting one from the overseas or upgrading the motherboard.