[mythtvnz] Hardware Recommendations

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Tue Oct 4 23:19:18 BST 2011

On 04/10/11 22:04, Rob Connolly wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm moving towards buiding a dedicated Myth box/home server system and
> am looking for hardware recommendations. ...

The noisiest fans in my system are the case fans. They're only 80 mm and
one runs constantly. Avoid small fans at all cost IMHO. I have a fanless
video card and 120 mm fan on the power supply.

I have 3 Western Digital drives: 500 MB, 1 TB and 2 TB. They're all
Green drives and so far I've had no problems with them.

My Asus motherboard has onboard video but it was no problem to disable
it when I put in a better video card.

Some people like to leave their systems on 24/7 but I like to save the
planet :) so I have mine set up to power down after I log off and power
up again when myth needs to record something.