[mythtvnz] Impressed with my HD setup

Solor Vox solorvox at epic.geek.nz
Mon Oct 3 06:05:54 BST 2011

On Mon, October 3, 2011 16:46, Nick Rout wrote:
> A couple of minor idiosyncracies though, not that they really bothered
> me - I just thought I'd mention them:
>
> 1. Both mythtv and hd_homerunconfig[_gui] found channels that I simply
> cannot tune to in ChCh, eg TVRotorua and InforRotorua. If they are not
> available to tune to on the ChCh multiplexes, why do they pop up in
> the channel listings?

They are regional channels that have different content for each region.
Once CHCH gets content for them, they will no longer be blank.

> 2. I found some odd channels like:
>
> PROGRAM 1255: 705 Panasonic Blu_R (control); and
> PROGRAM 1450: 600 MHEG IC Test Ch (control)
>
> What are these about (this is curiosity only, not a myth critical thing!)

These are firmware updates for TVs/players/etc. so they are automatically
updated without user.  They change from time to time, but in the case of
your Blu_Ray example, contain updated code to play new DRM encrypted
discs.

MHEG is used for EPG guide listing over DVB-T.  You can decode it with
rb-download and convert it to xmltv (that myth uses) using things like:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mheg2xmltv/

sV
--
Zebra Craft http://www.zebracraft.co.nz
Personalized gifts, engraving, laser cut prototype boxes