[mythtvnz] hvr-1100 Start up

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 00:49:06 BST 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Mallett <mallett at actrix.co.nz> wrote:
> I have a WinTV  HVR-1100 card.
>
> When I go into mythbunta after the computer has been turned of I can not
> play tv. In order to get it started I need to go into windows and start
> it there. Then go into mythbunta and it will work
>
> I was thinking along the lines of sleep mode. Or perhaps a bios setting.
> Has any one had this problem and Are there any thoughts on why this is.
> And how to fix it

Does windows load the firmware into the card and then when you warm
boot mythbuntu the firmware is in the card? But when you turn the
system off the firmware disappears due to lack of power?

Take a look at dmesg from a cold start into linux and see if there are
any firmware error messages.

By the way it is mythbuntU not mythbuntA