[mythtvnz] Tuner Card

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 02:17:56 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Jeremy Banks <jeremy at plink.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My myth box was recently power spiked, so thanks to my insurance I now
> get to replace it :D
>
> Any suggestions on what TV Tuner Card I should get?  If it's got MPEG
> encoding in it I don't need so much grunt out of my PC right?
>
> Anything else anyone think I need to keep in mind hardware wise?
>
> Thanks

If you can get Freview DVB-T I wholeheartedly suggest a Silicon Dust HD Homerun.

Plus you support a NZ company.

Mine has gone without a hitch since I installed it. Easiest tuner I ever set up.

Your post suggests you want a analogue card. Simply forget it, the
switchoff will happen before you know it.