[mythtvnz] TV listings problem

rob at webworxshop.com rob at webworxshop.com
Wed Nov 9 02:59:56 GMT 2011

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a repeated issue with my TV listings coming from
tv_grab_nz-py. The listings appear to be being overwritten with programs
containing a dot instead of the program name and no summary information.
The program timings remain the same. For most of the channels on which
this happens the current and next programs stay intact. This makes me
think that the problem is something to do with the over the air EIT
data. To this end I unchecked the 'useonairguide' setting for all the
channels, but this does not resolve the problem. Googling also turns up
nothing, though the problem is difficult to describe in terms of a
search query.

Running mythfilldatabase temporarily resolves the problem. Mythweb is
reporting that mythfilldatabase runs are going ahead automatically but
are not inserting any new data (even though the log says otherwise). I
suppose this could just be because I am manually running
mythfilldatabase fairly often to work around the above.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,

Rob Connolly