[mythtvnz] Anyone using myth backend/xbmc frontend combo?

Tim Gibson tdegibson at gmail.com
Mon May 30 09:30:41 BST 2011

I've a gentoo mythTV backend on my server and two x DVB-S tuner cards
therein.

The Lounge frontend is now a AMD Fusion with nVidia 430 video card running
mythbuntu but mostly it's running XBMC pointing to my movies etc, for mythTV
stuff I use the mythbox script in XBMC to watch tv shows etc, although with
the new hadrwar I can now use the Executor in XBMC and use that to launch
mythfrontend.

The Living room I have an AppleTV gen1 with XBMC and mythbox works good,
crashes now and then but really cheap and with a Crystal HD card I can watch
HD too.

I've alway's had issues using the myth:// protocol in XBMC to connect direct
to my myth backend hence use mmythbox...

Regards
Tim, Donna and Erin Gibson
Mobile: 028 2580 1104 Twitter: @NZtimbo