[mythtvnz] 3 days data to go?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu May 26 03:38:25 BST 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 12:42:17 +1200, you wrote:

>On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Tim Stonehouse
>> <tim.stonehouse at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Good news, thanks for all.
>>> Tim

>> yes and seems to be broken again this morning...
>>

>OK this keeps happening for me, every morning the scheduled run of
>mythfilldatabase (using tv_grab_nz-py) fails like this:
>
>"Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2011-05-26 04:06:42 and ended on
>2011-05-26 04:06:45. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new
>data into the Guide for 1 of 1 sources. This can indicate a potential
>grabber failure.
>There's guide data until 2011-06-02 06:00 (7 days). "
>
>(That is what is shown in mythweb's status page).
>
>However if I ssh into that box and run mythfilldatabase from the
>command line it works - well it has on previous days, but now results
>in the same message,
>
>"Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2011-05-26 12:39:26 and ended on
>2011-05-26 12:39:29. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new
>data into the Guide for 1 of 1 sources. This can indicate a potential
>grabber failure.
>There's guide data until 2011-06-02 06:00 (7 days). "
>
>Normally I have 8 days data immediately after a run.

The downloaded EPG seems to have been a bit erratic recently.  It is
creating a new file to download each day, but the contents are not
always updated.  I wrote myself a bit of script to get the timestamp
from the XML inside the file so that I can tell the difference:

  xmldate=`gzip -cd freeview.xml.gz | xmlstarlet sel -t -m "//tv" -v
"@date"`

And this gets the downloaded file timestamp in the same format:

  string1=`stat -c %y freeview.xml.gz | sed -e 's/-//g' -e 's/://g' -e
's/ //g'`
  filedate=${string1:0:14}

There is probably a better way to do that, so if anyone has any better
ideas, feel free to post them.  I am not much of a bash hacker yet.

I have yet to put this together into my epg script so that I can fall
back on epgsnoop when the downloaded EPG is out of date, but I hope to
find the time to do that soon.