[mythtvnz] Satellites?

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Wed May 25 23:42:15 BST 2011

[Apologies if this is a duplicate, my email client got very confused.]

Hi Steven,

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 15:15 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
> As we are moving I'm having similar thoughts.
>
> At the moment I'm doing D1 + D2 + C1/D3 on my toroidal but I seldom watch
> anything other than D1.

That was kind of my feeling after looking through the available channels
on lyngsat.

Right, I'll just get a LNB for D1 for now and a 90cm dish (not that much
more than a 60cm dish).  That'll make the budget happier!

> I'd love to get BBC World and the Australian Network which might just
> about be possible with the Toroidal, but it will then make cabling
> interesting.

Heh, you just need to run more cable!  ;)

> One other thought is to get a known working DVB-S2 card for some of the
> other OZ channels off D1.

Yeah, I think that'll be a project for the future.

PS. There is a photo of call the Cat6 and RG6 coming out of the wall for
the comms cabinet here on this blog post that my wife wrote earlier in
the week:

http://blog.etc.gen.nz/index.php?/archives/118-More-of-a-house-than-a-construction-site.html

I'll post a blog about the cabling etc once we've t

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand
At home: andrew at etc.gen.nz |      linux.conf.au 2012