[mythtvnz] New version of mheg2xmltv (0.3.5)

Solor Vox solorvox at epic.geek.nz
Wed May 25 08:42:28 BST 2011

Hello all,

Sorry for the long delay in updates, most of the delays are because of the
 quake here in CHCH.  Anyway, I've updated mheg2xmltv to version 0.3.5 and
would love some feedback from anyone who uses it or wants to test new
version.

For those who don't already know, mheg2xmltv takes DVB-T MHEG5 EPG data
and converts it into XMLTV file for use with MyhtTV EPG.  This means you
can get 7 days of EPG without a net connection or scraper service.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mheg2xmltv/

Changes:

* Fixed bug with multi-day listing crossing midnight because EPG splits
shows into two listings.

* Added code to "guess" show category by looking for keywords in
title/descriptions (no on by default, you must run with -g to enable
guessing)

* Added more series metadata to sample file.

Remember, this program is designed to work off-line and doesn't require
internet connection.  Of course you can run it with a metadata program to
add additional information to your listings.  However, my main goal is to
have a pure off-line app that will run regardless of my network connection
and 3rd-party sites.

Thanks for your feedback.
sV