[mythtvnz] Broken DVB-S setup

Noel & Diane noel at igrin.co.nz
Wed May 25 06:44:49 BST 2011

> Thanks Noel. Got hold of a satellite signal tester and proved to my
> satisfaction that the LNB was OK. So ordered a Technotrend S-1401
> (thanks Hads) which was a drop-in replacement for my Technisat SkyStar
> 2.6D and everything is now A-OK. All sorted in plenty of time to catch
> the UEFA Champions League Final (hopefully restored my son's faith in
> Dad after missing the Man U Semi!).
OK back to square one (kind of). The (new) DVB-S card is still working
for Freeview NZ channels (H-pol) but is no longer tuning to SBS 1 or 2
(V-pol). I have checked with my satellite tester and the card is
switching between 13/18V as expected. I would suspect it is now the LNB
if it was not for the fact that when I go into MythTV-setup, I can scan
the SBS transponder for channels as expected, which must mean it is
successfully tuning that transponder (V-pol), no? Switching
off/rebooting/disconnecting cables has not helped. Only other info I can
add is that when it tries to tune to SBS under 'Watch TV' it reports the
lock status as (LBs) instead of (LBS) as normal. The only thing I can
think to try is a new LNB, but I can't explain why I can tune to scan
for channels but not to watch channels....

Hi
Double check your polarity.. had this once too & for some obscure reason SBS was on H & I never changed it!!!!

Noel