[mythtvnz] Broken DVB-S setup

Nick & Ann Read nick.read at engineer.com
Thu May 5 09:38:45 BST 2011

Hi all

We had a power cut yesterday afternoon, and since then the DVB-S card on
my mythtv setup has not successfully recorded anything. Only found out
this morning when my son sat down to watch the Man U vs Schalke match on
SBS1.

As far as I can tell there are no software issues. There is nothing in
the logs, and the system all behaves normally, apart from not getting a
lock on any satellite channels and not being able to scan transports for
channels. My old PVR-350 is still working away. So I'm guessing a
hardware problem.

I don't have any other satellite cards(boxes) or LNB/dishes easily
available, and I'm guessing its one of those two at fault? So, my
question is, what is the easiest way to troubleshoot with a multimeter
and a screwdriver? :-)

Thanks
Nick