[mythtvnz] Personal opinion - be careful about updating to natty

Steve Holdoway steve at greengecko.co.nz
Mon May 2 08:03:09 BST 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 14:23 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
> I am a mythbuntu user myself, but gotta say that at time of writing 9
> out of 20 threads on the mythbuntu forums front page relate to natty
> problems:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=301
>
> Take care out there :)

( non myth response )

I've just upgraded my work pc 9.04 to 10.04. The only thing that really
screwed up - as usual - was the sound. It seems that local mods /configs
to get sound working in the old system screwed the new one.

What's it got to do with natty / myth? I'd recommend, if possible, a
clean install, and then transfer your configs across. Testing on a known
baseline ( eg a clean natty install ) is far easier, and so far more
complete than on an upgraded system.

Hopefully, data / databases are on separate partitions, so the creation
of a new bootable one next to it should not be a problem.

Steve Holdoway BSc(Hons) MNZCS <steve at greengecko.co.nz>
http://www.greengecko.co.nz
MSN: steve at greengecko.co.nz
Skype: sholdowa