[mythtvnz] About to install Myth for the first time.

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Mar 31 03:19:51 BST 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 15:13 +1300, Steve Hodge wrote:
> Definitely nice to speed up a FE boot. What benefit are you expecting
> on the BE? Do you power the BE down between recordings?

I should have been clearer, the backend does other things too (it's the
last 24/7 box going in the house) so there I'm looking for performance
for other things too. I'm not sure if the db will be unloaded from RAM
at all but if it is then I imagine that would speed things up there.

The frontends don't boot often as they suspend/resume from the remote
but switching from mythfrontend to xbmc and back does appear to do a lot
of disk access so I'm guessing a speed up would be seen there.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier