[mythtvnz] epg

Ross Williamson ross at inertia.net.nz
Wed Mar 30 22:32:08 BST 2011

> I added those lines, with a comma after each, and then ran
> mythfilldatabase and now have 7 days data. Whether it is a
> co-incidence, or whether the extra headers made a difference, I
> cannot
> say.

 A friend of mine recently had the same issue with TelstraClear. An XML
 file (not TV listings, though) he was updating on his (US-hosted) site
 still wasn't showing any changes over a week later when viewed on a
 TelstraClear connection. Not even when doing a forced reload in his
 browser. Other ISPs showed the latest version.

 In the end, because he had access to the server, I got him to set a
 past date in the Expires: header along with a Cache-Control: header
 which indicated it wasn't to be cached. That solved the issue (in his
 case!) and he now sees changes immediately after he updates the file via
 TCL.

 As far as I can tell, TCL seem to have upped their default cache expiry
 to ridiculous levels.

 Ross