[mythtvnz] epg

criggie at criggie.dyndns.org criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 30 21:53:27 BST 2011

Nick Rout wrote, On 03/31/2011 09:22 AM:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Hadley Rich<hads at nice.net.nz>  wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 07:58 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
>>> These reports are a little brief on detail. Where are you getting your
>>> data from? I am using tv_grab_nz-py and have the same problem.
>> I get my data from there and have 7 days worth at the moment.
>>  From what somebody told me a week or two ago the Telstra or Telecom
>> proxy has been quite aggressive so it's possible it may be caching an
>> old file.
> I am on telstra.
> How do I get around that?
I cheated and pointed my download script at work's squid proxy.
Telstraclear is not very receptive to requests to bypass caching, but
you can try emailing webmaster at paradise.net.nz

Or vote with your feet and change ISP.   I'm hanging out for VDSL.

Another option is to use epgsnoop off a DVB card and get your data from
the air rather than a download.   Decrease your dependence on the network.