[mythtvnz] Error starting LiveTV

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Wed Mar 30 11:40:52 BST 2011

Hello all,

Anyone want to have a stab at what is causing this issue on a friends
setup;

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/362568/

As a preview some relevant lines are;

ALSA, Error: Setting hardware audio buffer size to 6016
ALSA, Error: Error opening /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc:
Permission denied.
ALSA, Error: Try to manually increase audio buffer with: echo 6016 |
sudo tee /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc
ALSA, Error: Unable to sufficiently increase ALSA hardware buffer size -
underruns are likely

Player(0), Warning: Waited 100ms for decoder to pause

Player(0): Waited 100ms for video buffers
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've tried to set the prealloc as the error message suggests (currently
at 4096) but it appears to have no effect. The output device is set to
ALSA:default

This is a P4 box I believe with what appears to be Nvidia GeForce 9400
GT. It's been upgraded from around 0.20 over the years.

I'm mostly working remotely via SSH but can go and visit when I get
time. Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier