[mythtvnz] Anyone here get DTT off Sky Tower?

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Mar 29 08:15:07 BST 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:59:21 +1300, Jonathan Hoskin
<jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/03/2011, at 6:55 PM, Steven Ellis wrote:
>
>> There appear to be some DTT test transmissions on Sky Tower that aren't
>> running on Waiatarua.
>>
>> If anyone here can provide the output of running w_scan with a DVB-T
> tuner
>> against Sky Tower I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
>> Steve

> I've got line-of-sight from the office. If you are still waiting for a
> reply tomorrow, I'll take my tuner to work and do a scan.

That would be awesome. If you can run w_scan it should pick up a multiplex
on channel 50 (706000000)

Another useful output would be a dvbscan (or scan depending on your distro)

Create a file SkyTower with the following

# Additional Ch 50 multiplex from Sky Tower
T 706000000 8MHz 3/4 3/4 QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE

Then run

scan -a 0 -u 5 -o pids SkyTower > skytower.pids
scan -a 0 -u 5 -o zap SkyTower > skytower.conf
scan -a 0 -u 5 -o vdr SkyTower > skytower.vdr

In theory there are 4-5 test channel active on this multiplex.