[mythtvnz] Introducing myself..

Grant Matchett grant.matchett at clear.net.nz
Fri Mar 25 06:06:07 GMT 2011

Howdy,

Just getting into MythTV via the Mythubuntu distro, have had a couple of
'plays' with it over the last year & have tried VDR (a guy at work has a
cool setup of this...) and GB-PVR for Windows, but I got a bit tired of
not getting very far with VDR & GB-PVR was also trouble but I can't
remember why exactly...

Hardware I am using is a 5yr old Winfast mobo with an Athlon 64 3200
CPU, 512Mb RAM, 80Gb HDD, an Nvidia 8600GT GPU & a WinTV 90002 DVB-T
card. Nothing flash - am just playing at the moment & once I get the
build a bit more sorted I will get some more RAM and another HDD.

Will send a post asking for help on how to set up the EPG using scripts
& also how to transcode the recordings to something my old original
Xbox's running XBMC will run (note : quality is not an issue, only using
CRT tv's at this point.)

Cheers!

Grant,