[mythtvnz] mythtvnz Digest, Vol 43, Issue 1

Jason Taylor killerkiwi2005 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 00:38:35 GMT 2011

> Or the super quick and dirty solution if you have access to a WinXP box
> (...cough) with wireless (old laptop is ideal) connect wireless to
> tether and switch/wireless to lan and on to clients. Use internet
> connection sharing (built in to XP and probably most other win versions)
> to share internet. This is a very basic version of the firewall option
> above. I have a customer who uses this setup for their mobile shop comms
> i.e android-->winXP-->switch-->POSpc's and EFT-POS and it serves them well.

Bah to XP ;)
Network manager can do connection sharing I used to use this to access a
mythbox with no net connection...
https://jeremy.visser.name/2009/03/24/simple-internet-connection-sharing-with-networkmanager/

--
"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calven