[mythtvnz] Myth beats quake

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:17:58 GMT 2011

Have my myth backend box and one frontend back up and running after the
quake. No point connecting the other frontend to a 46 inch TV with a center
speaker embedded in the  screen :( However the kids believe that the
insurance company will believe that 55 is the new 46, so let's see.

Moved house and took a while to realise the LNB frequency was different.
Once that was done, and the massive hard drives checked out, it seems to be
working sweet.

Now just have to work out how to share my android handset to the whole house
and it will even update it's epg automatically. In the meantime downloading
the xml file and scp'ing it to the backend and running mythfilldatabase by
hand will have to do, :)

But tomorrow it's ground zero again to get the rest of the office equipment
and some files hopefully.

Regards to all.

Nick.