[mythtvnz] DVB-S Reception issue

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Mon Jun 20 12:14:55 BST 2011

Ok so I've just moved house and until we get a new aerial fitted we don't
have DVB-T but there is an old Sky dish so I thought I'd make do until the
Toroidal is mounted,

Now my DVB-S had been playing up a bit at the old house so I thought the
LNB might have been on the way out, or the SkyStar 2 card.

At the new house similar problems so I swapped the card for a known
working one but still the same issues.

If I tune to the Sky broadcast of TV2 no issues, Signal lock and I can
watch the show. If I tune to any freeview channels I get lock for 3-5
seconds and then it changes to TV One. That locks for 3-5 seconds and then
it re-tunes back to TV One.

I've tried tweaking the skew etc of the dish, and a vanilla DVB-S STB will
tune in, but MythTV won't lock.

Anyone else ever seen this?

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR