[mythtvnz] Mediaworks DVB-T EPG is broken

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 14 10:01:43 BST 2011

New one on me. I thought my script had a bug when it didn't update my
EPG tonight. Nope. Turns out Mediaworks is broadcasting EPG data only up
to the 19th whereas TVNZ and Kordia are broadcasting up to the 22nd.
Confirmed by checking the EPG from my TV's tuner vs EPG from by
HVR-2200. All good on TVNZ and Kordia muxes but no good on Mediaworks.

Gotta say all the broadcasters have been pretty slack at times with
their EPGs in general. Seems to be a pretty poor attitude to accuracy in
this area, e.g., shows not starting when they're scheduled to,
completely wrong shows in the schedule and now the Mediaworks fiasco.