[mythtvnz] Advice/suggestions for quiet HD setup

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 03:07:07 BST 2011

> I run a viewsonic VOT-530, lovely wee box w/bluray, HD, HDMI, bout the
> size of a wii, appears to be fanless, goes well with mythFE. On the
> pricey side though I reckon struggle to find nicer hardware for the job.

I bought a Mac Mini because they are made for the job and Apples customer service is spectacular:
http://store.apple.com/nz/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_mini

It has a fan, but I have never heard the fan in mine, even when playing 1080p content.

Only problem I've ever had with it was when Mr1 played post-the-letter with multiple DVDs at once. Apple repaired it under warranty overnight.