[mythtvnz] HDMI handshake

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 10:04:38 BST 2011

Hi,

On 4 June 2011 20:55, criggie <criggie at criggie.org.nz> wrote:
{cut}

> So your two-pronged approach should be
>
> 1) stop the frontend from crashing
> Try doing that gentoo thing where you recompile with different flags
> till it works...

I just figured out another potential workaround - make sure that when
the frontend crashes X stays online :-) I'll test that and see what
happens (if it's X or frontend that's killing sound).

> 2) allow the HDMI to work again after a crash.
> Have you tried making the frontend crash while its attached to a
> different HDMI capable device?  Even to take your mythbox to someone
> else's place for a diagnosis.

Tried that (with some new Sony TV) could not get any audio whatsoever
:-( Ultimately I have to get it going with my TV anyway. But I found
out that nvidia will disable audio if it thinks that the other side
can't support it (or that particular format), so perhaps it's TV that
breaks the handshake.

> Good luck!

Thanks, I'll undoubtedly need it ;-)

kind regards