[mythtvnz] HDMI handshake

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 05:00:36 BST 2011

Hi,

I have a small (but annoying) problem with mythtv setup. At this stage
I have a single FE/BE machine (with Nvidia 8200) connected over HDMI
cable to my Samsung UA40C6900. Everything works like a charm, except
when the frontend crashes. After it comes back there is no sound
through the TV any more. Mythtv thinks that its all ok and sound is
there, so does mplayer and every other piece of software that tries to
output sound. The only way to fix it is to reboot the machine, which
is not really elegant (and not always doable, if there is recording
going on). Google suggests it might have something to do with HDMI
handshake not working properly, but pulling out the HDMI cable,
turning the TV off/on does not help either. I tried rmmod/modprobe
nvidia drivers (270.41.19), sound modules - to no avail.
Any idea if this can be fixed (and how)?

kind regards
Pshem