[mythtvnz] mythTV guru for hire, anyone?

criggie criggie at criggie.org.nz
Sun Jul 17 06:55:59 BST 2011

On 17/07/11 15:37, Andy Walker wrote:
> Recently my myth TV started failing to get a channel lock. I will get a
> channel lock in for a few seconds then it drops. I tried swapping the
> hard drive for an older backup with a known to be working image & I had
> the same problem. This makes me suspect it could be the tuner card
> failing. I checked the alignment of my dish & that is fine.
Failure to get lock means signal issues, but it could still be inside
the card.  Can you test with a STB or freeview enabled TV?

> Also there seems to be an issue with getting my EPG working.
EPG from the DVB-S stream or the other one?

> I can't play DVD's from within Myth but they do play on the same machine using VLC.
No idea sorry.  What does the mythfrontend.log file say?

> How do I reassign the buttons on an MCE Remote?
Two options - you can tell mythfrontend to use whatever button the
remote sends as a key for what you want, or you could use xmodmap to map
the keycode to result in the expected key.  This is what I did for my
$10 DX remote   http://criggie.org.nz/tech/pc_remote/

> Plus there are a couple of minor little set up issues.

> I am leaving for overseas in a couple of days and would love to have my
> system working again for the family so they can watch TV while I am away.
Sorry, I'm not local to you.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/