[mythtvnz] Podcasts in Mythtv

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Thu Jul 7 01:28:59 BST 2011

Can anyone suggest an elegant solution for incorporating audio podcasts into
Mythtv? The older plugins (which were a bit crappy anyway) have not been
kept up to date.

All I want to do is to be able to listen to subscribed podcasts though my
myth frontends, ideally including lirc support. In the absence of any
specific plug-in is there a way I could download podcasts with a suitable
client and have them automatically scanned and included in my MythMusic
files?

Alternatively, anyone know a good podcasting app that runs well on an HDTV
and has lirc support?